Are you not associated with any banking institution authorized by the Government of India for the allotment of FASTag? Leave the worries and long procedures behind. That’s right! Because if you are registered at PayTm, you can get your FASTag in 2 minutes. FASTag payTm brings you the opportunity to enjoy online toll payments using e-toll strategy discovered and mandated by the Government of India.
Introduction to PayTm FASTag
PayTm is one of the most prominent online mobile application that allows the user to make different payments online. From utility bills to booking bus, flight and train tickets online, it has been discovered as a 360-degree platform for enjoying the benefit of the digital world.
PayTm Fastag is a reusable RFID (Radio Frequency Identification). All around the world, RFID Tag technology has been prominent for its ability to identify the items/products using the barcode.
Similarly, PayTm Fastag also contains RFID technology that allows the toll scanner to identify the vehicle information and automatically make an online payment for passing the toll.
Times are gone when there used to be the long lines of vehicles at the toll plazas. Be it a minivan, car, jeep, truck or motorbike, all the vehicle drivers found it extremely difficult and time-consuming to get through any toll plaza in India.
To kick-off this high-end traffic causing system. Now, any vehicle driver can pass by without stopping at toll plazas to pay toll charges in cash. FASTag recharge PayTm allows the vehicle driver to make online payment without even stopping at the toll plaza.
It is noteworthy to mention that FASTag is only acceptable at toll plazas authorized by the national highway authority of India (NHAI).
How to get PayTm FASTag?
Follow the given below stepwise instructions to apply for FASTag PayTm.
- Step1: Visit PayTm official website, Click here to visit.
- Step 2: Log in to your PayTm account, you can also register if you have not registered yet.
- Step 3: Click on More option at the right corner of the screen.
- Step 4: A horizontal bar would appear on the screen on the right side.
- Step 5: Click on Paytm FASTag.
- Step 6: If you have not logged into your PayTm account on the official PayTm portal, a scan code would appear on the screen.
- Step 7: Open PayTm mobile application and Scan QR code on your computer screen.
- Step 8: You have logged in to Paytm mall account.
- Step 9: A form would appear on the portal.
- Step 10: Enter vehicle registration number in the given block and other information.
- Step 11: Upload vehicle registration certification scanned copy (size not more than 2 MB).
- Step 12: Also, upload other identity verification documents such as a driver’s license, voter ID, and Aadhaar card.
- Step 13: Click on the Buy button on the screen. On PayTm mall, Fastag costs Rs. 500 for 4th class vehicles.
- Step 14: Add delivery address, mobile number and other instructions for the delivery executive.
- Step 15: You have successfully ordered PayTm FASTag.
- Step 16: After receiving FASTag by your delivery executive, confirm if all the information such as vehicle number, mobile number, and others are correct.
- Step 17: Install PayTm FASTag on your vehicle’s windscreen.
- Step 18: Ensure to install it right in the middle of the windscreen.
Note: It is important to note that once you receive your FASTag, do not forget to link it with your PayTm account.
For making toll payments through PayTm fastag, it is important that there must be some money in your PayTm wallet, otherwise, the payment would not be possible to make, you could not pass through the toll plaza.
Apart from this, a PayTm Fastag cannot be linked with a prepaid banking account.
How to recharge Paytm FASTag?
Follow the given below stepwise instructions to recharge your Paytm Fastag:
- Step 1: Go to your Paytm mobile application online.
- Step 2: Click on Add money in the wallet option.
- Step 3: Enter the amount in the given block.
- Step 4: Select one option among different options via which you can money to Paytm.
- Step 5: You can use UPI ID, any debit card or a credit card.
- Step 6: Confirm OTP that you would receive on your registered mobile number.
- Step 7: You have successfully added money to the Paytm wallet.
- Step 8: PayTm Fastag automatically deducts toll charges from your Paytm wallet.
How to login to the PayTm Fastag account?
Follow the given below stepwise instructions to login to the Paytm Fastag account.
- Step 1: Go to Paytm Fastag Panel. Click here to visit.
- Step 2: Select the type of ID to log in. You can either the User ID or wallet ID.
- Step 3: User ID is a 12-digit code that you must have received in your inbox or email ID inbox during Paytm Fastag registration.
- Step 4: Enter the User ID.
- Step 5: Enter the password.
- Step 6: Click on secure login.
- Step 7: You have successfully logged in to your Paytm Fastag login account.
What are the benefits of Paytm Fastag?
Following are the benefits of Paytm Fastag:
- You can get Paytm Fastag issued online. There is no need to visit any banking institution.
- It deducts toll charges directly from the Paytm wallet.
- You can up to 2.5% cashback on every NHAI Toll payment.
- You can add money into your Paytm wallet using UPI ID, NEFT, or Net banking.
- You can also use any debit card or credit card to add money to the Paytm wallet.
- It helps to make automatic cashless transactions on NHAI authorized toll plazas.
- Paytm account is easy to recover as compared to a bank account.
- You can check the paytm fastag transactions in transaction history on Paytm.
- Paytm fastag remains willing to make toll payments after 20 minutes of adding paytm money in the wallet.
- No need to stand in between traffic.
- No need to stop for making toll payment on toll plazas.
- 2.5% cashback is credited to the paytm wallet/bank account after every month for every fastag toll payment that has been made.
- There is no expiry for Paytm fastag. You do not need to change or re-issue the tag until or unless it has been torn.
- The maximum limit for paytm fastag transaction is Rs. 1 Lakh (1, 00, 000 INR).
- Paytm FASTag deactivation is free at Paytm.
How long does it take for Paytm Fastag to activate?
Paytm fastag customer care confirms that an issued Paytm fastag activates within 1 to 2 business days. Once paytm fastag is activated, you can use it to make toll payments online.
To reach Paytm Fastag customer care, you can dial toll-free number 18001026480 or you can also email at Fastag@paytm.com.
What to do if you do not have a Paytm FASTag?
In India, the Government of India has mandated the use of FASTag to make toll payments on toll plazas on 1st December 2019 and onwards.
If you do not have applied for a fastag, it is recommendable to do not enter the FASTag lanes on toll plazas. To the reader’s surprise, if you entered the Fastag lane by mistake, you will be obliged to pay double toll charges for the inconvenience in the form of compensation.
Paytm FASTag for second-hand vehicles
For the vehicle owners who have bought a second-hand vehicle, it is advised to assure that the previous owner of the vehicle has canceled his Paytm Fastag.
One vehicle can only have one fastag allotted to it. It is recommendable to ask the previous owner of the vehicle to pass the ownership of the FASTag as well. For more information or any related assistance, you can connect with paytm fastag customer care at any time.
How much Paytm Fastag costs?
Paytm fastag is issuable to 4th Vehicle class including Car, Jeep, Van, TATA Ace, minivan and light vehicles. It is also applicable for commercial vehicles such as 2-axle or minibus.
You can also apply for fastag by paytm for your bus (both 2 and 3 axles), tractor, truck (up to 7 axles) and construction machinery. For all the given classes of vehicles, paytm charges 100 Rs. for fastag.
Apart from this, a refundable security deposit of 250 INR is deductible at the time of allotment. At last, a threshold amount for transferring minimum balance in FASTag costs 150 INR. Thus, one paytm fastag costs Rs. 500.
Paytm Fastag is the easiest and quickest way to make e-toll payments. Customers of paytm can receive their FASTag quicker as compared to any other banking institution.
It does not require any physical visit as the complete paytm fastag registration is applicable online. Enjoy the benefits of paytm fastag activation that only takes 1-2 business days. As mentioned earlier, it is the way of making toll payments faster than ever.
“Go to paytm mall and apply for Paytm Fastag today!”