The digital world has been rolling the citizens into a way of convenient living. From online bill payments to net banking, people have been spared the necessity of carrying cash everywhere. Yet, toll charges still needed to be paid in cash till the past few months. However, the Government of India has found a perfect solution. It is HDFC Fastag.
In the year 2014, the idea of FASTag and its ability to make toll charges payment online had put on the table. In the year 2019, fastag finally came into working. As a matter of fact, this year the Government of India has mandated the use of fastag from 1st December 2019.
Fortunately, the citizens of India have quickly accepted the functioning of fastag because of all the benefits that it provides. It is the beginning of the newest and fastest way of paying toll charges.
Introduction to HDFC Fastag
In India, the Government of India has authorized selected banking institutions for the allotment of Fastag. Fastag allotted under the name of HDFC or Housing Development Finance Corporation is called HDFC Fastag.
To get an HDFC fastag, one is not compulsorily required to be an account holder at the nearest HDFC Bank or for that matter, any HDFC Bank’s branch. You can also apply for an HDFC Fastag online or offline.
Apart from HDFC, other banking institutions that are authorized for the allotment of the tag are IDFC, KVB, and PayTm. The utilization of fastag has supposed to bring major changes in traffic management on the roads.
It is noteworthy to mention that fastags are acceptable at the toll plazas authorized by the National Highway Authorities of India (NHAI).
How does HDFC Fastag work?
HDFC Fastag is a prepaid tag. Using a tag does not make the vehicle owner or driver of the vehicle pass through toll plazas free of charge. Indeed, it is installed at the windscreen of the vehicle.
While passing through any toll plaza, the scanner on the roof/passage scans the unique QR code on fastag HDFC and pays for the passage through the bank. That’s right! A fastag works like any other e-payment. It is called RFID technology.
Other than this, one of the major benefits of Fastag HDFC is that the driver does not require to stop for making e-toll payment. Thus, when it comes to fastag lanes, there would be no long lines of vehicles and no unbreakable traffic jams.
Without a doubt, this strategy of Government of India brings a countable personal profit for all the vehicle owners by saving fuel, time, energy and of course, toll expenditure.
How to get an HDFC Fastag online?
NETC program or National Electronic Toll collection program has been launched in India recently. With this program, the first product that has been brought in the Indian market is an RFID Fastag.
RFID stands for Radio Frequency Identification. RFID Tag makes payment for tolls by connecting with the linked prepaid account of the user.
If you are an HDFC account holder, you can get or apply for an HDFC Fastag online. Even if you are not an HDFC account holder, you can still apply for it online. Follow the given below stepwise instructions:
- Step 1: Go to the official website of HDFC Bank. Click here to visit directly.
- Step 2: Click on the “Card & Bill Pay” option. A popup menu will appear on the screen.
- Step 3: At the right side of the popup menu, click on “FASTag-Toll Payments”.
- Step 4: Click on the “APPLY NOW” button on the screen.
- Step 5: Fill dot with “yes” if you have an HDFC Bank account. Fill NO dot, if you do not have an HDFC Bank account.
- Step 6: Choose between a commercial vehicle and a personal vehicle. Commercial vehicles must be a vehicle registered in the name of your company or your employer.
- Step 7: Fill personal details such as first name, middle name and last name. Fill contact details such as mobile number, email ID, Date of Birth, address, state, city, pin code, and gender.
- Step 8: Enter PAN Number in the given block.
- Step 9: In the next section, choose a document that you are willing to provide for verification. Available options are Driving license, passport and Voter ID.
- Step 10: Enter Promo Code, if any.
- Step 11: Agree to all terms and conditions.
- Step 12: Click on the Next button.
- Step 13: On the next page, Enter Vehicle Registration Number.
- Step 14: Select the type of vehicle that you have.
- Step 15 (optional): Click on the “Add More” button if you are applying for a fastag for more than one vehicle. You can apply a fastag for three vehicles at a time.
- Step 16: Click on the Next button.
- Step 17: Upload the scanned copy of documents such as passport, driving license, utility bill, voter’s ID, Vehicle Registration Certificate, and Aadhaar card.
- Step 18: Click on the Next button.
- Step 19: Review your application and confirm that all the entered and uploaded information is best to your knowledge.
- Step 20: Click on the SUBMIT button.
- Step 21: You will receive a confirmation email on the submitted email ID.
- Step 22: You have successfully applied for HDFC Fastag.
Note: It is important to note that in case of a commercial vehicle, the information and verification documents of all the business partners (or the users of the vehicle) is must submit.
Apart from this, for the commercial vehicle, the company’s details such as name, company’s mobile number, and the company’s account information would be added for linking fastag with the company’s prepaid account.
How to get an HDFC Fastag offline?
Follow the given below instructions to apply for an HDFC Fastag offline:
- Step 1: Visit the nearest HDFC Point-of-Sale for fastag. You can also visit the HDFC Branch where you have an existing bank account.
- Step 2: Request for an HDFC Fastag form.
- Step 3: Fill personal details such as name, date of birth, contact details such as mobile number, address, and pin code.
- Step 4: Add PAN Card number. Select the type of document that you want to attach for verification. Available options would be voter ID, driving license, or passport.
- Step 5: Fill vehicle information such as vehicle registration number and type of vehicle. In the case of a commercial vehicle, add all partner’s personal details, contact details and PAN Number.
- Step 6: Attach documents such as PAN, Aadhaar card, voter ID, Driving license, passport, and Vehicle registration certificate.
- Step 7: Submit the form to the HDFC Fastag executive.
- Step 8: You have successfully applied for an HDFC Fastag.
How to process HDFC Fastag login?
Follow the given below instructions to login to the HDFC Fastag account.
- Step 1: Go to the official website of HDFC Fastag.
- Step 2: At the right side of the portal, three login options would appear. These are Retail login, Corporate login and Concessionaire login.
- Step 3: Click on any one type of login.
- Step 4: A login portal will open. Click here for FASTag HDFC Retail Login.
- Step 5: Observe the‘ Serve login’ box. Select between User ID, RF ID, Wallet ID, and Veh Reg No. User ID is a 12-digit code that you must have received in your welcome mailer from HDFC.
- Step 6: RFID is a 16-digit code that you can find imprinted on your fastag.
- Step 7: Wallet ID is a 14-digit code that you receive on your welcome mailer.
- Step 8: Veh Reg no. is the vehicle registration number.
- Step 9: Enter User ID/ RFID/ Wallet ID or Veh Reg no in the username block.
- Step 10: Enter a unique password.
- Step 11: Click on the login button.
- Step 12: You have successfully logged in to HDFC Fastag login account.
What is Retail Login for HDFC Fastag?
HDFC Fastag retail login is available for the customers who have linked their fastag with a personal prepaid bank account. Retail Login is also available to the fastag customers who have applied for a fastag for their personal vehicle.
For retail login, user ID, RFID, wallet ID, and Veh Reg no. (vehicle registration number) are acceptable.
What is Corporate Login for HDFC Fastag?
HDFC Fastag Corporate login is available for the customers who have linked their Fastag with the company’s prepaid bank account.
Corporate login is also available to the fastag customers who have applied for a fastag for their commercial vehicle. For corporate login fastag, you can use either user ID or wallet ID.
What is Concessionaire Login for HDFC Fastag?
HDFC Fastag Concessionaire login is available for the customers who receive concessions from their employer in the form of permission to use the commercial vehicle.
Concessionaire login allows many users to connect with one fastag account at a time. A concessionaire login only accepts user ID.
How to process HDFC Fastag recharge online?
Follow the given below stepwise introduction to recharge your HDFC Fastag:
- Step 1: Log in to your HDFC Fastag account using user ID and password.
- Step 2: Go to the “Road User Centre.” A popup menu will appear on the screen.
- Step 3: Click on the ‘Payment and Top-up’ option.
- Step 4: Click on ‘Recharge’ option.
- Step 5: Select a wallet ID that you want to recharge.
- Step 6: Enter the recharge amount.
- Step 7: Select a payment method.
- Step 8: Click the ‘continue’ option.
- Step 9: enter generated OTP that you received on your mobile number.
- Step 10: Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Step 11: You have successfully recharged your HDFC Fastag.
What is the HDFC Fastag customer care number?
For any inquiries, you can connect with the HDFC Fastag agent on HDFC Fastag customer care number. Dial 1800-120-1243, it is a toll-free number.
What are the benefits of the HDFC Fastag login account?
- HDFC Fastag login account has various functions that are proved quite beneficial for the use of customers. Let’s take a glimpse:
- HDFC login account for fastag has a “manage account” option. Manage account allows the customer to view and manage personal details such as an address, wallet details, vehicle details, and account details.
- Fastag wallet statement in login account helps the customer to inspect and observe his toll expenditure in excel format. It remains quite helpful when it comes to managing toll expenditure in the case of a commercial vehicle or corporate login.
- By using a closure request option, a customer can close his RFID ID or wallet ID.
- By using the Suspend request option, a customer can deactivate his fastag any time.
- By using a transactional dispute option, a customer can request an inspection of recent fastag transactions in his account.
- By using the Whitelist option, a customer can activate his fastag account at any time.
- A fastag account can be recharged any time after 20 minutes of activation.
- A fastag is available to use for making toll payments after 20 minutes of recharge.
- An HDFC Fastag user gets up to 2.5% cashback on per toll transaction.
- You can recharge fastag by using multiple payment methods such as net banking, UPI ID, NEFT, Debit card or credit card.
- HDFC Fastag customer care is round-o-clock available for its customers’ assistance.
- An HDFC Fastag only costs Rs. 400. It includes the cost of the card, Rs. 200 refundable security deposit and 100 Rs. as a threshold that a customer can use for making toll payments.
FASTag HDFC online allows the customers of Housing development financing corporation to make online payments for passing toll.
As compared to other bank-authorized fastag, HDFC Fastag is cost-effective. HDFC Bank also sends its customers SMS and email notifications regarding activities.
It is noteworthy to mention that the respective cashback on fastag transaction is only applicable to transactions that are made on National highways toll plaza.
For allotment of HDFC Fastag, you can also visit the nearest toll plaza and choose among 22 authorized banking institutions. Enjoy the unlimited benefits of fastag by visiting the nearest HDFC point-of-sale for fastag.
“Cheers to the best-known technology in India for toll payments.”