Equitas Fastag is the real-time growing online payment network for toll plazas. In the earlier times, the toll taxes for traveling across the roads from one location to another required a small payment inclusive of road taxes and others in cash.
Alike any other online payment such as mobile recharge or utility bill payment, FASTag Equitas has also gained far-much attention for the users in the research of convenience.
Today at this platform, we are introducing you to the definition of FASTag, how it works and how to activate it in detail. Take a glimpse of further briefs.
What is FASTag?
By definition, FASTag is a stickable tag with a radio frequency device inserted that allows the users or owners of vehicles to make toll payments directly through their linked bank accounts.
This Electronic toll collection through the tag system has been invented by the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI). As per the technical definition of Fastag, it utilizes Radio Frequency Identification technology and processes online payment for NHAI authorized tolls.
Indeed, since the establishment of FASTag, various visible changes are observable on the toll plazas. That’s right! For vehicles already linked with this tag gets to line-up in the FASTag-authorized toll.
This system has led to many positive changes in traffic such as quicker payment, no longer lines on the highway, time-saving actions and online receipt that prevents the use of paper and thus, a greater action against deforestation in India.
To the readers’ surprise, a vehicle owner or a driver can purchase a tag from any banking institution in India such as FASTag Equitas small finance bank. Other than banking institutions, it is also available on finance/online wallet mobile apps such as Paytm.
What is Equitas Fastag?
A toll payment device allotted by the authorities working under the Equitas Small finance bank is known as the Equitas bank FASTag. Similarly, a Tag allotted online on Paytm is called Paytm Fastag.
Thus, you as a purchaser can opt for any given banking institution in India and acquire a verified FASTag registered on your name, for your vehicle and linked with your respective bank account.
How to get Equitas Fastag?
Follow the given below instructions to acquire an Equitas small finance bank FASTag in India:
- Go to the official website of Equitas bank.
- Click the “On the Go” option. A dropdown list will appear on the screen.
- Click on the Selffastag option.
- Click on “Apply for FASTag online.”
- Fill your details such as name, gender, and date of birth.
- Click on the COntinue button.
- Fill your contact details.
- Click on the COntinue button.
- Fill your permanent address details.
- Click on the continue button.
- Fill your vehicle details along with ID proof.
- ID proof accepted at Equitas is drivers’ license, voter ID, Aadhaar card and PAN Card.
- Click on the continue button.
- You will receive a confirmation email on the submitted mobile number and email ID.
- Note down your user ID and password from the email.
- You will receive your FASTag by Equitas on the address submitted in 4-5 business days.
Note: One must note that in the case of commercial vehicles, the respective information of all the users of the vehicles and partners in business is required. The bank account linked to the commercial vehicle FASTag must be in the name of the company/organization/NGO.
How to process Equitas Fastag login?
To login to your FASTag Equitas bank login, follow the given below steps:
- Go to the official website of Equitas Small Finance bank.
- Click on Login FASTag in the main menu bar on the top of the screen.
- Enter the Mobile number or Account number linked to your Equitas FASTag.
- Enter Password.
- Click on Login Button.
- You have successfully login to your Equitas FASTag account.
How to process Equitas Fastag Recharge online?
Note: A user must have a FASTag recharged before passing a toll plaza. A failure in FASTag payment can lead to add-to compensation for the inconvenience caused to the other vehicles in the line.
Follow the given below instructions to recharge your Equitas Fastag online.
- To recharge your Equitas FASTag, login to your account on the Equitas customer portal.
- To do so, enter the user ID and password.
- Go to the recharge option.
- Select payment method among debit card, credit card, wallet, UPI or net banking.
- Add a recharge amount.
- Enter OTP received on your registered mobile number.
- Click the “Submit” button at the bottom.
- Click the “Cancel” button to cancel the recharge.
- You have successfully recharged your FASTag Equitas.
Note: It is significant to remember that FASTag recharge activates in 20 minutes. Thus, you must recharge your FASTag beforehand to ensure that it works while you pass the authorized FAStag toll by the National Highway Authority of India.
How do you activate Equitas FASTag?
If you have acquired your FASTag Equitas but are not able to activate it, follow the given below instructions:
- Go to the official website of the National Highway Authority of India.
- Click on the FASTag monthly Pass option.
- Select the toll plaza that you need to activate your FASTag for, among the various toll plazas in your area.
- Enter Captcha for verification. Wait for it to turn into a tick.
- Enter the vehicle registration number in the next loaded portal page on the screen.
- Click continue.
- You have successfully activated your respective toll payment tag.
Which bank is better for FASTag?
Equitas Small Finance bank is a perfect bank for applying for FASTag. You can process the application procedure online on the official website of the Equitas bank.
If you are already an account holder at the bank, you don’t need to fill all the information from scratch, instead, you only need to fill vehicle details.
You will receive confirmation email and SMS. You will also receive FASTag in 4-5 business days via bank postal service. It is requested to install this Fastag by Equitas on the vehicle’s windscreen right in the middle.
Can a FASTag be replaced?
Yes! You can replace your FASTag by dialing to the Equitas FASTag customer care number that is 1800-102-6480. It is recommendable to close or deactivate the former FASTag before applying for a new one. If you are replacing your vehicle, make sure that you have changed the vehicle information while applying for new FASTag.
Is there any minimum balance for FASTag?
Yes! For the users of Equitas FASTag, the minimum balance is 100 Rs. It is noteworthy to mention that a user gets a minimum threshold amount of 100 Rs in the FASTag account. Apart from this, the total cost of installing a FASTag is approximately 500 Rs. This includes a refundable security deposit of 250 Rs. and tag cost 150 Rs.
What is the validity of FASTag Equitas?
A FASTag by Equitas small finance bank remains valid for five years. One requires to recharge Fastag from time-to-time to keep it activated. To close or deactivate your FASTag at any time, you can connect with Equitas FASTag customer care executive.
What is the return toll in FASTag?
A return toll in Fastag is the amount payable when you pass through the same toll two times during a round trip. For instance, passing the first time, toll changes 30 Rs. if you pass through the same toll second time within 24 hours, it only charges 15 Rs. thus, the total toll cost for the round trip would be Rs. 45. It is called the return toll in FASTag.
Equitas FASTag is growing at a good pace. The system has been allowing the country to improve in the phase of the making of cashless India.
“Apply for FASTag with Equitas Small Finance Bank and go cashless on your road trips anywhere in India!”